Tuesday 16 December 2008

Wimbledon 9.45 - Oaks Final



Tonight sees the final of the Oaks at Wimbledon and I've picked out a decent priced selection to hopefully make us a bit of cash. Ravello Drive comes from trap 5 tonight and has been improving throughout the heats. Indeed in winning her semi-final she managed to post the fastest time of the round, and in the quarters ran a fast 28.66 managing to beat Droopys Quinta (T1 tonight) despite crowding at the first corner.

In tonight's race there isn't much to separate the early pace of traps one to three and I forsee slight crowding at the start there leaving opportunity for the wide traps to take advantage. T4 Adamant Mojo boasts probably the best early of the six and it could lead up but I expect both the selection and the favourite in T6 to get a good run in behind.

Ravello Drive has very good middle stage pace and I expect she will quickly assert her authority over T4. There is the chance that T6 could nip ahead of the selection at the first but only a small chance and even still I believe Ravello Drive will have the power to get by Dangerous Lady round the final bend.

Selection:

Wimbledon 9.45 - T5 RAVELLO DRIVE

4.7 on Betfair at time of writing

4 comments:

moDtheGod said...

More like this please. Always enjoy reading well thought out analysis, even if I don't necessarily agree with it.

I hate backing dogs, I feel it's a total lottery, but as it's the Troop and it's a bit of fun, I've requested a fiver be matched at 5.0 - one time Ravello Drive!

In other Troop related matters, Laertes ran today and was AWFUL, for those who hadn't noticed. Jumped like an absolute twat and was a thoroughly difficult ride all the way round.

moDtheGod said...

Oh, like the corporate whore that I am, I feel I should point out that this is the final of the WILLIAM HILL Oaks, tonight... ;)

TheHat said...

Apologies guys, could only manage 2nd. Beaten half a length at most.

Trouble at the first allowed T2 to ping a good 6 lengths clear. The selection took a bit of a hit but recovered to chase the eventual winner down. Another few metres and it would have got up.

Really gutted, had my biggest ever dog bet on this. Better luck next time I suppose.

The Gambler said...

Hello The Hat. Now i kow this is your Blog I'l tune in. I like the fact that you possibly have a better insight into Scottish Footy than me and looks like you like the Dogs. Can never have enough contacts!