Wednesday 15 July 2009

Open Golf



David Toms is my main pick for this year's Open, starting at Turnberry tomorrow. He's been in very decent form this season and despite mixed form over the years in the Open I expect him to go well.
The rough at Turnberry looks horrendous and accuracy off the tee is going to be essential - Toms is known for his straight driving and infact leads the USPGA Driving Accuracy stats for 2009 by a decent bit. He's also in the top 5 for scoring average this year too and is definately in form with 7 top 10s. The world number 30 can go well at a very decent price and is available at 130 on Betfair atm, I've asked for a little bigger.

Steve Stricker is my 2nd biggest bet and is available at 55 on Betfair as I type. I've also had a nibble on the following:

Adam Scott @ 75
Camilo Villegas @ 90
Andres Romero @ 180
Miguel-Angel Jimenez @ 230
Luke Donald @ 120
Pablo Larranzabal @ 880

GL all,

Scott

No comments: