Thursday 21 May 2009

Weekend Action

Got a massively busy weekend lined up so thought I'd post now. Tomorrow I managed to get the day off work so I can play UFC Undisputed on the PS3. I'm hopeful that the girlfriend will take me up to Tesco at midnight to make the purchase. Played the demo and looks like it is going to be classic. Saturday I have an important semi-final with my amateur football team and on Sunday I have an even more important final with my other team. Could be an epic weekend. We'll see.



Tuesday night's greyhound action on Sky Sports was magnificent and I hope the next two Saturdays are the same. Despite my 10/1 tip not coming in I had my biggest bet on the 5/2 selection which came home with a bit to spare. Happy days.

My outright bets for the Greyhound Derby are looking sweet and it's good that Dom, who has no real interest in dogs, has followed me in. He saw that I was in decent form and came along for the ride. Even if we end up without a payday at least we've got a decent whack for our buck. It's semi-final night on Saturday and we have Farloe Reason (advised @ 33/1) and Jogadusc Ace (@ 125/1) from my pre-1st round bets as well as Love Mac who I advised to add after the 2nd round @ 100/1. So with a quarter of the field I'm more than happy. I'm confident we can get two in the final and certain Farloe Reason will be there after an awesome QF performance where he chased home Ballymac Ruso who showed freakishly fast early pace.

There is a host of good races at Wimbledon (again live on SS) and some decent betting opportunities. My main bet will be on T4 Drumna Willow in the 7.55. He looks plotted up for a clear run from the middle with the other middle runner in T3 moving left. Kenny's favourite Kryptonite is favourite in this but has been far from impressive in recent races. Drumna Willow should get a nice run and scoop us some cash. Currently available at a juicy 4/1 with BSQ.

I like Ninja Jamie in the 8.10 too but is far too short for me at 10/11. Found a good value selection in the 8.40 hurdles race in Cats My Boy who could be away and gone before the others have had a chance to think and at 8/1 represents valuuuuuuue. You will probably get a massive price on Betfair before the race. My other bet for the night will be on Little Boy in the 8.55 at a measly 6/4. I think it's a good 6/4 shot though.

Sorry if this post is dragging on but I want to get all my bets for the weekend into this. I've had a tickle on the 25/1 about Love Lynx in the Blue Square Champion Hurdle which starts Saturday and finishes on Derby final night. He should make the final comfortably behind Platinumlancelot and in the final I think he'll be drawn well as a middle seed with Platinum and the aforementioned Little Boy looking evenly matched on the rails. The 25/1 with William Hill is a great price for a two round competition.



Finally I'll end with my thoughts on UFC 98 which goes off at 3am Sunday morning. The main event is for the Light Heavyweight title between Machida and champ Rashad Evans. Both are undefeated and I must admit to initially fancying Machida but with 7/4 being offered by Stan James on an even money shot in Evans I had to get involved. Slightly better at 2.8 on Betfair currently but I wanted some multiple action because Matt Serra has been priced up at a ridiculous 11/5 - I'll have some of that. I don't really like Matt Hughes and after reading his book that opinion hasn't changed. Both fighters are perhaps past their prime and this fight may be a borefest but Serra can definately win and isn't an 11/5 shot. Add in Chael Sonnen at 31/20 for some 3 doubles and a treble.

Weekend Selections

7.55 Wimbledon Saturday
T4 Drumna Willow @ 4/1 BSQ

8.40 Wimbledon Saturday
T5 Cats My Boy @ 8/1 BSQ

8.55 Wimbledon Saturday
T2 Little Boy @ 6/4 BSQ

Blue Square Champion Hurdle
Love Lynx @ 25/1 WH

UFC 98
Rashad Evans to beat Lyoto Machida @ 7/4 Stan James
Matt Serra to beat Matt Hughes @ 11/5 Stan James
Chael Sonnen to beat Dan Miller @ 31/20 Stan James

GL all

Scott

1 comment:

moDtheGod said...

Yeah, I'm totally into this competition. I've followed it from the off and I've been reading the bits in the RP and lsitening to the pundits at work and stuff.

I always knew there had to be somethign appealing about dogs that I was missing, I could just never see what it was. But I've learned a few little bits which have finally made me realise.

Not sure I could get into it long term, but at the very least I've enjoyed this last month and as Scott says, we've definitely had a run for our money.