Sunday 27 April 2008

Just a quickie

Have woken up late and am working all day, so it's another quickie from me.

Today's bets:

A-Z:
14:10 Brighton
Brenin Taran @ 2.06 (Betdaq)
1 pt

Very worried by the second favourite, but I've added this bet in as I'm desperate to get off 'B' and it gives me another chance. My main hope for the A-Z is the next bet.
Update: Brenin Taran took the lead with 1.5 furlongs to go but was pulling hard and the smoothly travelling Smokey Storm (the one I was worried about) got up with a well timed run, to win by a head. Boo.

16:00 Wetherby
Bafana Boy @ 2.39 (Betdaq)
1 pt

I thought this had a chance when looking last night, but was worried by Silver Seeker, so I decided to leave it. By chance, I have just noticed that SS has withdrawn, so I will have a point on the selection to try and move onto 'C'. In fact, I like it so much now, that it's going in my "real" bets.
Didn't see this one, but it's come third. Frustratingly, the winner was Ballyhale. That was a 16/1 shot though, not sure anyone saw that coming.

"Real":

16:00 Wetherby
Bafana Boy @ 2.39 (Betdaq)
1 pt
As above. 1 pt loss.

17:25 Brighton
Peopleton Brook @ 11/1 (William Hill)
0.5 pts e/w

A very close race and the selection looks a big price. Something of a value bet.
Didn't see the race but looks to have been nowhere near. 1 pt loss.

Roundup:
A-Z total: -9.30 pts
Days passed: 7

“Real” total: 3.74 pts

No comments: