Tuesday 13 May 2008

Horse Racing IFB

Looked at the Perth card for tomorrow night a bit, can't say there's much I like. The first race is a total joke from a betting point of view and I will avoid two and three as I hate novices and maidens. The last race will be won by Mr Jack Daniells at a crap price (could be some value in opposing with Another Burden) and the other two races are pretty tricky contests to sort out.

I am almost certainly going with Commercial Express in the 20:10 (whether I go to win or e/w depends on the price, but I'd like to go e/w) and I will probably pick Good Old Days in the 20:40 but again, I'd like an e/w friendly price as it's not clear cut in my mind. Thing is, I can't go to the races and not punt on a single race! If I do decide to go with it, it will be used as my 'G' in the A-Z game.

My only other bet tomorrow is likely to be US Ranger at York (15:10) as it's returning to sprinting, where it has destroyed a listed race in the past. The Ballydoyle team are in superb form and it's tough to oppose them, though Assertive looks a tasty e/w prospect.

Will be taking the camera again, so expect a full round up of the mirth from Perth on Thursday morning! Dress code this time is strictly hats only. Ridiculous ties are optional.

3 comments:

Mountain Man said...

Oh, I see ! Turning down a trip to York races tomorrow, but going to Perth :-(

Can't tempt anyone to attend tomorrow so it looks like another day of doing nothing. Good luck to you Scoop Troop boys tomorrow night, and I'll look forward to some more comedy photos / videos.

moDtheGod said...

Psht, this has been planned for a week.

Plus it's £6.60 on the train. York will be closer to £100. Oh, and it's 4 hours each way :D

Mountain Man said...

Bet you can't enjoy a GALLON OF MAGNET at Perth though ! :-)