Wednesday 7 May 2008

Kenny's mum

Not a great deal I fancy today, aapart from Kenny's mum. I want to have a punt on the big race today and even though all but two horses are single figure prices, it’s a bloody competitive race! Highland Legacy is the one they’re all talking about, so I’ll have a cheeky point to win. I confess this is a bit of favourite backing - I've not really studied the form at all. I am reading a lot of good things about it though and Jamie Spencer is 52 from 203 when riding for Michael Bell, for a level stakes profit of £23.52.

I have been reading good things about Glasshoughton in the 14:30 at Beverley. Seems to like today’s ground and has a good draw, recently finished an “encouraging” fourth place over course and distance and now drops down in trip and also drops 1lb in weight. Has also beaten a few of these running today in the past.

The other I like is in the last British race of the day. Jurado Express looks to have a good chance and for me, is too big a big price on the exchanges. Holy Joe will take the beating but may not be at it’s best over this trip and the selection jumps well.

There is NOTHING I like for the A-Z game. Nothing. I’ve scoured for ages looking for a bet but can’t find a thing, not even a decent big priced horse to have a small e/w punt on.

In other news, I fancied Doncaster Rover in the opener at Chester but bottled it because of everyone raving about the odds-on favourite. The favourite wasn’t even placed and Doncaster Rover won at 3/1! Bah!

14:30 Beverley
Glasshoughton @ 5.3 (Betdaq)
1 pt
Never saw this, but it was 2nd by half a length.

14:45 Chester
Highland Legacy @ 5.0 (Betdaq)
1 pt
Good race, the two market leaders weren't really in contention when it came to the crunch. Bulwark popped up from nowhere to win at 33/1!

20:30 Cheltenham
Jurado Express @ 5.9 win, 2.4 place (Betdaq)
1 pt e/w
Seems the favourite withdrew (not sure why, will investigate later - am just back from work) and my selection romped home by 7 lengths. Adjusted odds: 4.5 & 1.83 (how fucking tight is that?!). Return: 6.33

A-Z Total: -10.25 pts
Days passed: 17

“Real” total: 18.32 pts

No comments: