Saturday 3 May 2008

May 3rd

I wanted to write a big piece on today's 2000 Guineas but I simply haven't had time. Was out with the missus last night and I've been working all week (and am working as I type). Here's my bets for today anyway:

15:25 Newmarket
Ibn Khaldun 5.1 win, 2.04 place (Betdaq)
1 pt e/w

This was more a bet to keep it interesting, but I did think it would run a place. Was pretty disappointing in the end. Superb ride by Murtagh though, Henrythenavigator was very impressive.

16:00 Newmarket
Northern Dare @ 9.1 win, 2.82 place (Betdaq)
0.5 pt e/w
Fullandby @ 14.5 win, 4.2 place (Betdaq)
0.5 pt e/w
Fullandby ran a decent race and ran on strongly into third. Northern Dare came right in and went off clear favourite but disappointed, not sure where it was but it must have been at least 6th. Return: 2.1 pts

17:10 Newmarket
Dr Faustus @ 2.31 (Betdaq)
3 pts
Didn't see it but looks to have been an easy winner. Return: 6.93 pts

For the A-Z game, I'm going with another e/w shot in the form of Everything, in the 16:20 at Thirsk.

16:20 Thirsk
Everything @ 11/2 (SportingBet)
0.5 pts e/w
Didn't see this but it didn't place. Finished 5th.

A tentative point being placed here. I'm not that confident as I think it's carrying too much weight, but there aren't many options for me with 'E' so it could be my best bet to move onto 'F'.

18:55 Hexham
Etched In Stone @ 5.0 (Betdaq)
1 pt
Wow, Mini Minster won this by a full 9 lengths. Mine came 4th, well back.

Roundup:
A-Z total: -11.08 pts
Days passed: 12

“Real” total: 12.65 pts

No comments: